TEXT FM - USER MANUAL :: LIVE
STREAM :: SEND SMS
ENGLISH :: DEUTSCH
How to Use Text-FM
Send a SMS from your mobile phone or the input
form on to +43 664/1235555. Your message will then be recorded
by a computer, converted into computer-generated speech and broadcast
in the Basecamp and on the mp3-stream.
It is up to you to determine your message¢s sound by choosing
language (German/English), voice and pitch.
SMS can be sent straight away. A SMS to Text-FM costs just the
same as a normal SMS. Your telephone number will not be sent along.
There are two ways to use Text-FM:
1) Send a text to +43 664/1235555; a German voice will be
2) Customize the voice to read your message: to tell the computer
what you want, you need to send it a short string of instructions
made up of letters and numbers (looking something like: #?Lgv4p8r3).
- Always start the instructions with #?
Next, specify the language
- Type L
- Then, g for German or e for English
Choose your voice
- Type v
- Set a number between 0 and 9
Choose the pitch of your voice
- Type p
- Set a number between 0 (low) and 9 (high)
Choose the rate of speed it speaks at
- Type r
- Set a number between 0 (slow) and 9 (fast)
Leave a space, and then write your message.
Text-FM is not case sensitive.